Friday, June 6, 2008

Top 10 Italian Glamour Models

Meade LXD75 6" F5

The LXD75 is a line of products, American Meade, including differing views, we start from 6 inches Newton up to a 10-inch Schmidt-Newton, going for a classic 8-inch SC. All these optical tubes are supported by a specially built frame from Meade. This review is only on the optical instrument Newton 6 inch, while the frame will speak of another review.

Newton diagram is very famous and needs no explanation. The optical tube comes with a nice white color, made of aluminum. The support of primary and secondary mirror are black aluminum, as well as the focuser. The tube
impresses some care of implementation and for the strength that it returns.
The primary mirror has an aperture of 6 inches equivalent to 150 mm, the focal length is 768 mm, the resulting instrument with a focal F5.

tool in my possession was a friend of mine, which is not using it more, I was pretty nice, and initially I had to run a general collimating optics. Once you've found that perfect collimation in several nights of use did not have to collimate the instrument if not the first 2 times because of the non-tightness of the collimation screws secondary, but this is due to my negligence. The tool, I immediately became quite good.
Focuser by then considerable satisfaction, in fact, supports both eyepieces is 31.8 mm by 50.8 mm (2 inches), further adjustment is very precise, in a moment is the focal point, a sign of very good mechanics.

Unfortunately I used this while I was still young and I still did not have the experience to judge perfettamente.Solo during the evening of the eclipse, 20 February 2008, I dusted off this tool, because its short focal length is ideal for resume full moon, and I found many of its features that I had escaped. Surely
I've hit the focuser, very precise and fluid, and set fire to reach the exact result is really easy, then the contrast of the images I was very positively impressed.

I used the tool during the summer and autumn, being able to observe Jupiter for the first time. I was able to observe Jupiter in evenings only seeing bad, about 4-5/10,
with the eyepiece of the instrument series, 4000 series Ploss a 26 mm, Jupiter is visible with its four Galilean moons. Going with I came to see enlargements equatorial bands but fail to distinguish accurately.
the moon I pushed the instrument to 400x with the hyperion 3.5 mm and barlow 2x a night with good seeing (7 / 10), again finding a high-contrast images without losing sharpness, but of course this depends on the seeing.
tool, as then all the Newtons, then considerable coma suffering, evident when looking at the stars. I have not done tests on deep-sky objects, which I plan to do more presto.Ho finally noticed that in wet evenings you have a tendency to tarnish the primary mirror, as well as the range finder, a 5x30, not particularly high performance.

Vision Optical Tube


Spider Secondary and Primary Mirror

0 comments:

Post a Comment